When Run4Gear starts, the first screen enables to :
- Enter the configuration by a single touch on the three dots on right of the screen. To provides correct information about your heartrate zones, your maximum aerobic zones or to compute burned calories, Run4Gear needs your help.
- Detect whever or not your GPS and Heartrate sensor are ready to be tracked. Icon should be green to record correctly your workout.
- Start a new workout with a single touch on the triangle on the top of the screen
- Browse the summary of your past activities by scrolling the list displayed on the bottom of the screen. Run4Gear displays the summary for the current week, the previous week and the current month.
- Enter into the journal of all the activitiers available in the watch.
All the settings of Run4Gear are here. You can navigate into these settings using the following sub-menus.
- Age, Weight and Gender, Run4Gear needs these informations to compute the amount of calories you've burned during a workout.
- Max Aerobic Speed is required in order to determine your effort zones. Ideally, most of your training should be done at less than 75% of your MAS (Max Aerobic Speed).
- Resting Heart-rate and Max Heart-rate are also necessary to compute your effort zone it is somewhat correlated with the MAS. Run4Gear uses the difference beetween HRMax and HRRest called heart-rate reserve to determine your zones. For instance, fat-burning range will lie between 50 and 75 percent of your heart-rate reserve.
- Allways on enables to change the behaviour of the screen, by default, Samsung on/off system is used. If you switch to Run4Gear mode, the watch will stay on when you look at it.
- Units Display it enables to switch between imperial units and metric units.
- Frequency, During your workout, Run4Gear will popup summary information about your last kilometer or mile. Here you change the frequency of the notifications (for instancce every 2 kilometers).
- AutoLap, by default, Run4Gear only displays information during notification. If you switch on AutoLap it will start a new lap at each notification. Laps can then be analysed separatlly in the Detail View our when your export your activity to your favorite running site.
- Data Transfer, Run4Gear will use the network to transfer out of your watch when you want it. Here you can switch between Wifi/BT/LTE and Only Wifi, BT/LTE uses your mobile phone account and it may generate extra cost on your phone bill if you transfer more Data than you are allowed to.
- Live Tracking, If switched on, during your activity Run4Gear will transfer your data to is server to generate a web page that enable to track in live your postion. Only duration, distance and positions are transmitted and all the transmitted data will be available only during two hours on your channel. The only way to access to that generated web page, is it to use your private Run4Gear live channel url.
- Run4GearLive, It enables to obtain the address of your private Run4Gear Live channel. Just enter your email address and you will receive by email a link to your channel. That link is only sent to you and noone else. It is you responsability to share our not that link with other people. To change your channel address, just redo that configuration, a new email will be sent to you and the previous channel won't be used anymore.
- Strava, Strava exports is done using OAuth authorisation mechanism. It is a secure way to use an external API (service) without providing your personal information (login/password). You’ll have to connect to run4gear.com/strava website to obtain a 5 digits code that you’ll have to enter in your watch. Run4Gear requires the minimal authorisation provided by strava to upload a file.
- DropBox, Dropbox export uses the same mechanism as Strava. You have to connect to run4gear.com/dropbox to obtain the 5 code digits.
- Runalyze, Runalyze export uses the same mechanism as Strava. You have to connect to run4gear.com/runalyze to obtain the 5 code digits.
- FitnessSyncer, FitnessSyncer export uses the same mechanism as Strava. You have to connect to run4gear.com/fitnesssyncer to obtain the 5 code digits. If you want to export to Runtastic, mapmyrun, runkeeper or a lot of other runnign sites you should use FitnessSyncer.